Thursday, June 3, 2010

First post on my new blog

As many of you know my family was thrust into the spotlight during the 2008 presidential campaign.

Virtually overnight my whole world was flipped upside down.

What used to be a peaceful, drama free, calm neighborhood in Wasilla literally changed within just a few hours.

There were tons of reporters camped outside my driveway for days on end. Cameras and microphones were shoved in my face the second I opened up my front door.

People were following me to and from school, and work, and even while running errands.

Me with my brother Levi

There were people constantly yelling at me, harassing me, threatening me, and asking me endless questions. Friends called to tell me that reporters were begging them to give an interview, or for pictures of me and my family.

My Myspace page got over a hundred thousand hits within 48 hours.

I received hundreds of e-mails, some supportive, and many life threatening.

My computer was hacked almost immediately. All of the childhood pictures of my brother Levi and myself, my homecoming, birthdays, vacations, deceased family members, and many more, were gone forever. I can never get those back. And those photographed memories were very, very important to me.

I no longer even have pictures of my grandmother and my grandfather, so I can never show my nephew what his great grandparents looked like, or pictures of his father as a child. (Of course we have some hard copies of Levi as a baby but the majority of them were on my computer, including birthdays and camping trips).

After it was hacked I took my computer to the local repair shop. They said they had never seen anything like it before. The computer techs even had people fly into Alaska to just take a look at my computer and try to figure it out. But there were no leads, no telltale signs of who had done it, and no evidence that there was ever a single document on that computer.

He said “This has to be someone from the government, perhaps the Secret Service. This is astounding and mind-blowing work”!

I knew from then on my life would never be the same and I was dead on.

Before Sarah Palin was tapped to be the Vice Presidential candidate I had a fairly normal American teen life. I went to school, received good grades, and had many friends.

I worked a part time job at a coffee shop, played sports, fished, hunted, camped out, and hung out with my friends and family, and of course anxiously waited for my perfect nephew to finally be born.

Needless to say; things are much, much different now.

I have lost so much.

No longer do I have the freedom to act as a normal teenager because it seems as if every breath I take and every word I say is constantly being analyzed.

I now have the added responsibility of caring for my beautiful mother who is disabled and currently wearing an ankle monitor (More on that at a later time). Helping my mom get back and forth to her many appointments can seem like a full time job, but what better job could there be than helping the most wonderful person in the world? (And who coincidentally, brought me into this world.)

I have lost many friends during these past few years. Many of them have “taken sides” which I think is pathetic and unnecessary since I believe we should all act as adults and just try to get along.

There are not even enough fingers on my hands to count how many of my so-called “friends” have sold false stories about my family just for some quick cash.
My intention in starting this blog is not to insult anybody, especially the Palins. However I will be more determined than ever to expose the lies, and reveal the truth, about what really happened to my family.

I hope that you will find what I share of interest and that it will answer at least most of the questions that you may have about Wasilla, our life, and our family.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and I hope you will come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment