Saturday, June 12, 2010

MySpace Photos

Mercede Johnston

Many of the questions being asked are about the photos of Levi, baby Trig, Sarah, Bristol, and myself, and about the captions underneath the photos on my now famous MySpace page.


Well for one thing I am a sucker for babies, I think they are just precious.


Also at that point in time I was desperately trying to build a closer relationship with Bristol and the rest of her family because I could see clear as day just how much my brother loved her. Levi and Bristol were always talking about having a baby and getting married. Therefore I considered the Palins to be part of my family. Or at least they soon would be.


I admit I misused the term 'mommy in law'. I just considered Sarah a second mother since I assumed that in the very near future Levi would be calling her his mother in law.



The same goes for the caption 'baby brother'. I absolutely expected Bristol and Levi to get married. Therefore in my mind Trig would be my brother in law. I simply misused the word.



I might also add that I was very young, only sixteen at the time, and the pictures were on MySpace where all my friends knew the circumstances and knew that I give everybody nicknames. So I never expected to have to explain why I captioned them the way that I did.


A lot of my captions were inside jokes, and were not intended for anyone else to see or I would have made them more clear.


Yes, I did feel a great deal of affection toward Trig, because he was just so adorable!



After all why wouldn't I? He was incredibly cute and it was the first time I ever got to hold a new born baby! It was like a miracle to me. (Also at the time I was dating a guy who had a younger brother with Down syndrome. So I already had a soft spot for children like Trig).



Everyone who knows me, both friends and family, know that I give people I care about nicknames and that I tend to use the term 'bear'.



I call my brother Ishy Bear, and I call my mother Nonny Bear. I just always have.



We are big on nicknames in my family. For instance most of my friends and family call me Sadie BUG. Same concept, just that I prefer “Bear” over “bug”.



This is a response to at least one of the questions asked. There were over 100 asked through the previous post and some emails. Keep checking back and I'll respond to them when I get the time.


So hopefully that clears a few things up. No big conspiracy. No secret messages. Just a teenage girl putting silly captions on pictures that she thought only her friends and family would ever see.


MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment