Many of you asked me to give further information regarding my computer, and I am more than happy to do so.
I have always had a love for photography so I have my camera on me at all times. I also owned a scanner, so all of our old hard copies were scanned onto my computer and saved.
Therefore I had thousands of photographs stored onto my computer. Pictures which included camping trips that my family and friends went on together, school events, holiday memories, and yes there were even a few of the Palins.
At that time I was also taking online home school classes for my second quarter of school because the campaign stirred up so much chaos that school was difficult for me. (There was no way I could focus at school because I was constantly being asked questions, even by the teachers DURING class.)
By the end of September I was having problems with my computer. It would let me log in and show my background and documents, but would not allow any programs or files to be opened.
I took it to the local repair shop and he was able to fix it. The first time.
When I got it home my computer seemed to be running fine so I just renewed my Norton security program and forgot about it.
One morning I woke up to log on to my computer and to do some school work. When I turned it on it would not let me log in. It just went directly to the original Windows background (My background photo was originally a picture of me and my best friend swimming with dolphins). There were absolutely no files, all my desktop icons were gone, and there was not ONE photo on my hard drive besides the "Sample photos" which came with the computer.
I immediately started to freak out and yell for my mom. We called the local repair shop and I had my computer in his hands within hours.
He had my computer for about a week and called me to ask if he could keep it longer because he was very "fascinated" by how there was nothing left on it, and that it appeared to have been completely wiped clean.
He had worked on my computer previously so he KNEW there were once thousands of pictures, school work, documents, etc. He also asked if I wouldn’t mind if a few computer friends/techs come in from Fairbanks and Washington.
I said yes of course, anything or anyone that could help to retrieve my photos were welcome to give it a try. I told him he could keep it how ever long he needed if there was any chance at all of ever seeing my pictures again.
By the time early December rolled around he told me he had over 12 techs look at my computer and that they spent days and days working on it, and searching for what had gone wrong, and could not figure it out.
He said "Nothing made sense".
Feeling like I was at a dead end I decided to pick up my computer and just bring it home and try to forget about it.
Before my computer’s hard drive had been wiped clean I was being yelled from all sides.
Bristol demanded that I take down all photos of her family, my brother, and myself from my MySpace page. She said that I was making her mom and family look bad, and that her mother wanted me to delete my whole MySpace account.
I told her that I would respectfully delete the photos with her and her family but I refused to delete my pictures of my brother and myself, and I absolutely would not delete my MySpace page just because they disliked it.
I thought that their concern over the pictures and MySpace page was suspicious, and a little odd, but I could never get a complete answer out of them as to why it bothered them so much so I simply stopped asking.
I deleted the pictures of Trig, Sarah, and myself, as well as the picture of Trig, Bristol, and myself. And I believe there was one other of just me with Trig and then one with me, Levi, and Trig.
I also deleted a few pictures of Levi and I out shooting, because guns might offend some people.
I thought since I did what they asked they would calm down and be nice. But oh no, they would yell at Levi whenever I would interact with my friends via MySpace, or leave comments on their home pages, and then Levi would yell at me on their behalf.
Later I wasn't even allowed to answer my own house phone or the front door.
They had two ladies stay with us to answer the phone, the door, and any questions from reporters.
The ladies even tried to tell me that I was not allowed to leave my house, go to the store, or even pay my cell phone bill.
When I heard that I turned right around and walked out of the back door. I refused to allow some stranger to tell me what I could and could not do, especially if it meant not paying my cell phone and having it turned off.
It was later that I started to put the puzzle pieces together, especially after the computer Tech said this had to be the work of someone from the Secret Service, or from some other branch of the government, because what happened to my computer was remarkable.
It did not click until just recently that perhaps the ladies who were supposedly "protecting us" by answering our phone, were really there to protect the Palins and had cleaned out my computer just to make sure there was nothing incriminating on it which might have caused a problem for the campaign.
To be honest I really don’t know. But I certainly wish I knew exactly what happened and why.
Later of course the cops took my computer when they arrived with a subpoena after my mother’s arrest on December 18, and they have yet to return it.
No comments:
Post a Comment